Basic Commercial Fisherman BCF1
The Basic Commercial Fisherman Certificate is for those wanting to begin a career in commercial fishing, covering essential subjects that will better prepare participants to serve as a crew member aboard a commercial fishing vessel in the region Commercial fishermen in Georgia using a variety of gear including trawls, cast nets, hook and line and traps to catch fish, shrimp, crab and other marine life that will be consumed by humans or used as animal feed or bait. Commercial fishing has a long rich history along Georgia's coast and despite many challenges the industry has faced in recent decades, it remains an economically and culturally important component of several coastal communities.
* Dual Enrollment Only
- Submit a completed application;
- High School diploma or equivalent required: Yes
- Age Requirement: NA
- Submit official high school/high school equivalent transcripts, if applicable;
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable;
- Satisfy Placement Testing requirements.