Networking Specialist NS13
The Computer Information Systems - Networking Specialist program is a sequence of courses designed to provide students with an understanding of the concepts, principles, and techniques required in computer information processing. Graduates are to be competent in the general areas of humanities or fine arts, social or behavioral sciences, and natural sciences or mathematics, as well as in the technical areas of computer terminology and concepts, program design and development, and computer networking. Program graduates are qualified for employment as networking specialists.
The CIS program is a Certified CISCO Network Academy.
The CIS program is a member of the Microsoft IT Academy.
* Students: Choose between either a Microsoft Specialization 8M13 or a Cisco Specialization 8C23
- Submit a completed application;
- High School diploma or equivalent required: Yes
- Age Requirement: 16
- Submit official high school/high school equivalent transcripts, if applicable;
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable;
- Satisfy Placement Testing requirements.
Area II - Social/Behavioral Sciences — 3 Hours
Social/Behavioral Sciences — Hours
Area III - Natural Sciences/Mathematics — 3 Hours
Mathematics — Hours
Natural Sciences — Hours
* All corresponding labs are corequisite to meet degree requirements
Area IV - Humanities/Fine Arts — 3 Hours
Humanities/Fine Arts (3 hrs) — Hours
Specific General Education Core Elective — 3 Hours
* Choose one additional course from the complete Area I, II, III, or IV listings: