The floral designer certificate prepares students for career opportunities in the floral and special events industry. Students will receive hands-on instruction in the identification of commonly used plant material as well as instruction in how to prepare, design arrange and care for flowers in the florist shop and used in special events. Courses will help students become aware of the business side of floral work as well as the design theory behind standard industry practices. This program provides courses that will produce a well-rounded floral professional with a solid background in the floral industry. Technical courses apply to the degree or diploma program in horticulture. This certificate is an excellent addition to the landscape design, interior design, commercial photography, and culinary arts degrees.
- Submit a completed application;
- High School diploma or equivalent required for Graduation: Yes
- Age Requirement: 16
- Submit official high school/high school equivalent transcripts, if applicable;
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable;
- Satisfy Placement Testing requirements.