The Emergency Medical Responder certificate program prepares students to initiate immediate lifesaving care to critical patients who access the emergency medical system. This individual possesses the basic knowledge and skills necessary to provide lifesaving interventions while awaiting additional EMS response and to assist higher level personnel at the scene and during transport. emergency Medical Responders function as part of a comprehensive EMS response, under medical oversight. The Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) technical certificate of credit provides students with the opportunity to prepare for entry-level into the emergency medical services professions for possible employment in a variety of prehospital, industrial and first responder settings. After successful completion of a SOEMST approved EMR program the graduate may take the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians EMR certification examination.
Other Conditions of Admission
Criminal background checks and drug screens may be required based on the requirements for participation in clinical experiences.
Location Note - Classes may be offered at the following campuses:
- Alma, Baxley, Brunswick, Jesup
- Submit a completed application;
- High School diploma or equivalent required for Graduation: Yes
- Age Requirement: NA
- Submit official high school/high school equivalent transcripts, if applicable;
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable;
- Satisfy Placement Testing requirements.