It is recommended that anyone desiring financial aid apply six to eight weeks prior to the time the aid will be needed. Applications and information, including assistance in completion of forms, are available in the Financial Aid Office on the Waycross, Jesup, Golden Isles or Baxley campus and by appointment at all locations. The Financial Aid Office phone numbers for the following locations are: Waycross (912) 287-6584; Jesup (912) 427-5800; Baxley (912) 367-1700; Alma (912) 632-0951; Hazlehurst (912) 379-0041, Golden Isles (912) 262-4999; Camden (912) 522-4510.
Coastal Pines has several types of financial assistance to help qualifying applicants pay for their education. Funds are available through Federal and State aid as well as other scholarship and grant programs. Grant and scholarship programs operate on an award year basis beginning July 1 and ending June 30. Students must apply or re-apply each year in order to receive or continue receiving financial aid.
Basic eligibility requirements include but are not limited to the following:
- be enrolled as a regular or provisional student in an eligible certificate, diploma, or associate degree program
- be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- have earned a high school diploma or equivalent
- be registered with Selective Service, if required
- not be in default on a Federal Title IV or State of Georgia educational loan or owe a refund due to over-award on a previously received grant
- agree to use any funds received only for educationally related purposes
- maintain satisfactory academic progress in accordance with Coastal Pines Technical College procedure
- certify that they will not engage in the unlawful manufacture, distribution, possession, or use of a controlled substance while receiving financial aid
- must not be recently convicted on felony drug related charges
- meet other program requirements