Veteran Services

Educational Benefits

Former service personnel, current military service members, and their dependents may be eligible for education benefits provided by Veterans Affairs. Coastal Pines Technical College has staff available in the Financial Aid Office to help you understand the process of receiving the benefits you’ve earned. For specific information about your GI Bill education benefits, visit or call 1-888-GI-Bill (1-888-442-4551). 

 Chapter 33

 Post 9/11

 Chapter 30

 Montgomery GI Bill – Active Duty (MGIB-AD)

 Chapter 1606

 Montgomery GI Bill – Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)

 Chapter 1607

 Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)

 Chapter 35

 Survivor’s and Dependent’s Educational Assistance (DE


If this is your initial claim for educational benefits, you will need to complete an Application for Benefits (VA form 22-1990/VA Form 22-5490 for Chapter 35). The Department of Veteran Affairs has provided veterans and current military service members an online version of the application through eBenefits. Visit to register for a premium account and apply for your educational benefits.  The website gives you the opportunity to track your eligibility for any benefits received from VA.

You are also able to print the Application for Benefits (VA form 22-1990/VA Form 22-5490 for Chapter 35) through or visit a local Georgia Department of Veterans Service for assistance with completing the VA form 22-1990/VA form 22-5490.

Once you have been approved by the VA Processing Center, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE).  Please submit a copy of the COE to our office.  We will use the certificate to certify your enrollment so you are able to begin receiving your benefits.

Change of Program/Place of Training

If you are changing your program major, you will need to complete a Request for Change of Program or Change of Place of Training form (VA Form 22-1995/VA Form 22-5495 for Chapter 35). 

If you have already been approved for VA educational benefits and decide to transfer the benefits to our institution, you will need to complete a Request for Change of Program or Change of Place of Training form (VA Form 22-1995/VA Form 22-5495 for Chapter 35). 

To obtain a copy of the Request for Change of Program or Change of Place of Training form visit to download the form.  Once you have completed the form, drop it by the Financial Aid Office at CPTC.

Certification of Enrollment

Once our office has determined your eligibility for education benefits, our School Certifying Official (SCO) will verify your enrollment at Coastal Pines Technical College and submit a certification to the VA Regional Office.

Laura Walker

Tina Manning

Financial Aid Technician

Financial Aid Director

Primary VA School Certifying Official

VA School Certifying Official

Phone: 912-338-5252

Phone: 912-427-5814

Enrollment Status Changes and Withdrawals

It is your responsibility, as a student, to notify CPTC School Certifying Official immediately of any changes in your enrollment status, program of study, place of training, etc. These changes may impact your eligibility for VA benefits.               


Department of Veterans Affairs        

Monthly Enrollment Verification of Attendance



Veterans Crisis Line

Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Phone:  800-273-8255 x1
Text: 838255

National Call Center for Homeless Veterans


Counseling / Disability Services

Katie Rutland

Registrar’s Office


Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
School Code: 005511

Learn More  
We're here to help, and it's easy to get started. Call, email, or stop by the Financial Aid Office with any questions or needs you may have.

Contact the CPTC Financial Aid Office at (912) 338-5252, (912) 427-5814, or  Visit the Financial Aid Office at your local site.

News Article: Coastal Pines Technical College named Military Friendly School