Transient Students

CPTC students desiring to take a course or courses from another accredited institution must have prior approval from the CPTC registrar’s Office and be in good standing. It is the student's responsibility to apply to the institution he or she wishes to attend as a transient student and have a transcript sent to CPTC at the end of the semester in order for the grade to be issued as a transfer grade. Only grades of "C" or better are accepted as transfer grades.

If the transient status is not approved, courses will NOT be eligible for transfer to a CPTC program of study.

A student must complete at least 25% of his or her credit hours of a particular program of study at Coastal Pines Technical College in order to be awarded a technical certificate of credit, diploma, or degree from Coastal Pines Technical College.