Enrollment as a student at Coastal Pines Technical College (CPTC) carries with it certain responsibilities as well as certain rights and privileges. CPTC promotes a climate of academic honesty, critical investigation, strong work ethic, intellectual freedom and freedom of individual thoughts and expression consistent with the rights of others.
Students have the following rights:
- To be admitted to CPTC without discrimination in any respect.
- To be in an atmosphere that is conducive to learning and to attend CPTC ’s educational programs, course offerings, and activities on campus or any activity sponsored by CPTC off campus in accordance with procedures.
- To obtain the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities, in order to gain initial employment, maintain advanced levels of competence or acquire new levels of competence by participating in programs, course offerings, and activities in accordance with CPTC procedures.
- To develop intellectual, personal, and social values.
- To see their records and, if necessary, challenge their accuracy.
- To participate in college approved student organizations in accordance with CPTC procedures.
- To due process procedures.
- To pursue grievances against instructors, administrators, or fellow students.
- To have academic and disciplinary records kept confidential subject to existing laws. No official records of students are available to unauthorized persons without the expressed written consent of the student involved except under legal compulsion.
- To be informed of student’s right-to-know information required by federal requirements.
Students have the following responsibilities:
- To attend class regularly and on time.
- To be acquainted with the published CPTC procedures and comply with them as well as federal and state laws.
- Treat others with courtesy and respect.
- Demonstrate personal and academic integrity in dealing with others.
- Make positive contributions to the multicultural, multiracial environment at the College.
- Share responsibility for maintaining the integrity of the physical surroundings