Credit may be awarded for training received in the Armed Forces. Students requesting credit should submit an official training certificate/transcript to the Admissions Office.
The following guidelines apply to military training credit for transfer:
- The training must be certified by the Guide to the Evaluation of Education Experiences in the Armed Forces published by the American Council on Education or by the official catalog of the Community College of the Air Force.
- Time limits for transfer will be the same as those for traditional transfer credit.Credit Competency Exams are available for consideration of credit for technical courses or experiences that are more than 7 years old.
- Training experience meets required competencies of courses offered at the College.
- Advanced standing credit may be awarded for military training or successful completion of a Credit Competency Exam. Training experience and Competency Exam scores must meet competency requirements for the equivalent CPTC course.
- Military training credit is recorded as "TRM" on the transcript and is not calculated in the grade point average