CPTC may award credit for a limited number of college level subject exams available through several nationally recognized examination boards. Credit may be awarded for approved Advanced Placement (AP) Examinations, College Level Examination Program (CLEP), and International Baccalaureate Credit pending review by the Registrar and appropriate faculty. Advanced Placement Examinations are offered by the College Entrance Exam Board. Exams administered for CLEP subject matter are awarded according to the American Council on Education’s College Board. International Baccalaureate Credit examinations are offered by the International Baccalaureate Examination Board.
The following guidelines apply to College Board examination credit:
- Students must receive a score of 3 or higher on the Advanced Placement (AP) exam
- Students must score at the 50th percentile or above on the CLEP test
- Official test scores must be sent directly from the College Board to CPTC's Office of Admissions
- Students must receive a score of 3 or higher on the International Baccalaureate Examination
- Standardized exam credit is recorded as "EXE" on the transcript and is not included in the calculation of grade point average.