The Business Technology program is designed to prepare graduates for employment in a variety of positions in today's technology-driven workplaces. The program provides learning opportunities, which introduce, develop, and reinforce academic and occupational knowledge, skills, and attitudes required for job acquisition, retention, and advancement. The program emphasizes the use of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database applications software. Students are also introduced to accounting fundamentals, electronic communications, internet research, and electronic file management. The program includes instruction in effective communication skills and terminology that encompasses office management and executive assistant qualification and technology innovations for the office. Additionally, the program provides opportunities to upgrade present knowledge and skills or to retrain in the area of administrative technology. Graduates of the program receive a Business Technology, Associate of Applied Science degree.
- Submit a completed application;
- High School diploma or equivalent required for Graduation: Yes
- Age Requirement: NA
- Submit official high school/high school equivalent transcripts, if applicable;
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable;
- Satisfy Placement Testing requirements.
Area II - Social/Behavioral Sciences — 3 Hours
Social/Behavioral Sciences — Hours
Area III - Natural Sciences/Mathematics — 3 Hours
* Choose one of the following:
Area IV - Humanities/Fine Arts — 3 Hours
Humanities/Fine Arts (3 hrs) — Hours
Specific General Education Core Elective — 3 Hours
* Choose one additional course from the complete Area I, II, III, or IV listings: