Computer Support Specialist CS23
The Computer Information Systems – Computer Support Specialist program is a sequence of courses designed to provide students with an understanding of the concepts, principles, and techniques required in computer information processing. Graduates are to be competent in the general areas of humanities or fine arts, social or behavioral sciences, and natural sciences or mathematics, as well as in the technical areas of computer terminology and concepts, program design and development, and computer networking. Program graduates are qualified for employment as computer support specialist.
The CIS program is a Certified CISCO Network Academy.
The CIS program is a member of the Microsoft IT Academy.
- Submit a completed application;
- High School diploma or equivalent required: No
- Age Requirement: 16
- Submit official high school/high school equivalent transcripts, if applicable;
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable;
- Satisfy Placement Testing requirements.
General Education Core — 15 Hours
Social/Behavioral Sciences — Hours
Mathematics — Hours
Natural Sciences — Hours
* All corresponding labs are corequisite to meet degree requirements
Humanities/Fine Arts — Hours
Occupational Courses — 37 Hours
CIST Guided Office Productivity Application Course — 3 Hours
Choose one of the following:
CIST 2129: Cannot also be used as Database course