The Computer Information Systems - Networking Specialist program is a sequence of courses designed to provide students with an understanding of the concepts, principles, and techniques required in computer information processing. Graduates are to be competent in the general areas of humanities or fine arts, social or behavioral sciences, and natural sciences or mathematics, as well as in the technical areas of computer terminology and concepts, program design and development, and computer networking. Program graduates are qualified for employment as networking specialists.
The CIS program is a Certified CISCO Network Academy.
The CIS program is a member of the Microsoft IT Academy.
*Choose either the Microsoft or the Cisco Specialization
- Submit a completed application;
- High School diploma or equivalent required for Graduation: Yes
- Age Requirement: 16
- Submit official high school/high school equivalent transcripts, if applicable;
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable;
- Satisfy Placement Testing requirements.
Introductory-Level Networking Class — 4 Hours
* Choose one of the following
* CIST 2451: Only if not used as a Cisco Specialization course
Cisco Exploration Specialization 8C12 — 16 Hours
Operating System Elective — 3-4 Hours
Choose one of the following: