Metals Technician ME31
The Metals Technician TCC is a series of courses that prepare a student for general knowledge of maintenance and repair of machinery by combining machine shop courses with welding courses. A student will learn to operate lathes (lathe safety, threading, tapers, bearing shafts, etc.) and milling machines (indicating vises, cutting keyways, squaring parts, etc.) as well as basic welding theory, safety and operating procedures (hand tool and power machine use, measurement, welding power sources, welding codes and standards) and advanced techniques (set up; transfer modes; wire selection; shielded gas selection) required for successful gas metal arc welding.
- Submit a completed application;
- High School diploma or equivalent required for Graduation: Yes
- Age Requirement: 16
- Submit official high school/high school equivalent transcripts, if applicable;
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable;
- Satisfy Placement Testing requirements.
Minimum Credit Hours for Graduation: