Forestry Technology FT12
The Forest Technology program is a sequence of courses that prepares students for employment in the field of forestry. The program provides learning opportunities which introduce, develop, and reinforce academic and technical knowledge, skills, and attitudes required for job acquisition, retention, and advancement. The technical knowledge and skills in this program focus on forest biology, forest products, forest protection, forest management, forest measurements, and surveying and mapping. Additionally, the program provides opportunities to retrain or upgrade present knowledge and skills. Graduates of the program receive a Forest Technology Diploma which qualifies them as forest technicians.
- Submit a completed application;
- High School diploma or equivalent required for Graduation: Yes
- Age Requirement: 16
- Submit official high school/high school equivalent transcripts, if applicable;
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable;
- Satisfy Placement Testing requirements.
Basic Skills — 8 Hours
Minimum Basic Skills Credit Hours:
Occupational Courses — 41 Hours
Minimum Occupational Courses Credit Hours:
Forest Internship/Management Course — 3 Hours
* Choose one of the following:
Minimum Forest Internship/Management Course Credit Hours:
Minimum Credit Hours for Graduation: