Associate of Science, Nursing NH73
Registered nurses fulfill a variety of job duties. RN job functions include performing diagnostic tests and analyzing results, administering medications, operating medical equipment, recording patients' symptoms and medical histories, and assisting with patient rehabilitation and follow-up. Currently, Georgia is experiencing a huge shortage in Nursing, and Southern Georgia is no exception. Students who successfully complete the ASN Program with Coastal Pines Technical College will have an excellent opportunity to enter the workforce in the area where they live as well as meet the workforce demands in the medical field.
The Associate Nursing program at Coastal Pines Technical College at the Jesup Campus, 1777 W. Cherry Street located in Jesup, Georgia is accredited by the:
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400 Atlanta, GA 30326
The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the Associate nursing program is Initial Accreditation.
- Submit a completed application;
- High School diploma or equivalent required for Graduation: Yes
- Age Requirement: 16
- Submit official high school/high school equivalent transcripts, if applicable;
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable;
- Satisfy Placement Testing requirements.
Area I - Language Arts/Communications — 3 Hours
Area II - Social/Behavioral Sciences — 3 Hours
Area III - Natural Sciences/Mathematics — 3 Hours
Choose one of the following Math courses:
Area IV - Humanities and Fine Arts — 3 Hours
* Complete at least one of the following:
General Education Core Electives — 3 Hours
* Complete at least one of the following (not already taken in Area IV):